background

11.3.10

Hood River: Pizza, Parks & Pocket Knives

Anders & Gracee had a day with Uncle David & Dad which entailed, pizza, parks and a pocket knife? Yes that's true uncle Dave decided he would be Anders hero which entailed giving him his own pocket knife! There is something to be said for "growing up Aiken" since my husband got an axe on his 3rd birthday. It was time to clear the property of trees with Grandpa so naturally you give a 3 year old an axe, right?! Fortunately we are in agreement an axe would not be appropriate for our rough and tumble 3.5 year old. Obviously a Swiss Army Knife (that doesn't open unless brute force is added to it) falls in a different category one other than DANGER to children. I am still not totally convinced, lucky for me with some stroke of good luck I was able to convince him it should stay in a safe place unless we really need it. I guess March is working with me!

No comments: